Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Turn, Turn, Turn


Hello Dear Ones,

If you are here than you already know that this blog is a type of continuation of A Blog About My Sweet Jody which is now at rest.

Psa. 30:10-12 "Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper." You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

It makes the most sense to me to continue the motif that is in my heart... which is to find ways to praise God regardless of my circumstances. As I mourn for Jody, (it is an intense sorrow I've never encountered - mingled with joy) I want to worship. I want to praise. I want to honor the One who has provided heaven for me and my sweet beloved.

I shared the gospel with my friend and attorney today. She is "one of my people" (Jewish), a sincere, wicked smart, honest soul. God is amazing - I prayed for an opportunity - and I wasn't in her office 10 seconds and she asked me about my faith. I almost fell off my chair - but was so happy to share my testimony, and the gospel as the "thread of redemption" that spans the bible.

The Lord is so good. Please pray for this friend - she lost her beloved husband two months ago in a freak accident on their anniversary. My heart aches for her loss. I hope she will investigate the Truth of God's Word which will not return void.

I miss my wife. I confess I am painfully lonely on a human level. My "solution" is to pursue the Lord in earnest and seek Him. He is all I have, and truly all I need.

I thank you for your prayers:

- for my nephew Danny as he heals from chemo.
- for Dennis McBride who faces a very similar trial to the one Jody and I experienced.
- for Sara, someone I do not know - but is a friend of a friend who is threatened critically by breast cancer.
- for me - to stay fixed on Jesus at all times.

Blessings to you!

12 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Frankfurt,

Your life has truly inspired me. I praise the Lord for such a blessing to me and my family. Your wife was a great help to my mom in her trials. Praise the Lord and MAKE IT TONIGHT!

Sincerely Yours,

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Hello dear friend!

Did you intend to be anonymous? I am grateful for your sweet post but would love to know your name... if you don't mind of course.

:-)

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, My Beloved Brother and Friend. If Tozer was right when he said, "It is doubtful that God can use a man greatly, until He has hurt him deeply.", the depth, breadth, and profundity of ministry that lies ahead of you is nothing short of breath-taking. Be prepared...and know that we and a zillion others love you.

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott

I just want you to know that you continue to be in my prayers constantly. I know your grief is intense, but I also know that God's love and comfort are perfect and complete. You and Jody have blessed my heart so incredibly as you walked such a difficult path. Your love for your Sweet Jody humbled me beyond words, and God's sustenance to both of you brought me to a renewed awareness of the love and grace He bestows on each of His children. I stand with you before the throne in this time of need and praise and worship through tears.

I shared your blog with friends who held you and Jody in their prayers. I will share this blog too. Thank you for having the courage and the vulnerability to continue to share with others through this difficult time. You are much loved, Scott. And praise be to God that we do not grieve as those who have no hope. Jody is at peace and in the presence of her Savior. I have lost and I know what grief is for those who remain behind, but by the grace of God, we survive to share what we have learned and to experience so much joy and peace amidst the pain.

I know you have so much support with your friends and family, and no more eloquent or supportive words can be said than have already been said much better before, but here is one more friend from Texas that holds you in prayer.

I know that God will sustain you through this time, and hold you tighly in the palm of His hand.

Lanita (Pam H.'s sister)

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty and friends,
Just a quick praise report: Danny's bloodwork is back from the lab and he is more normal than he was 2 weeks ago.
Praise to our Lord!
Blessings,
KEN

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott and Blogger Friends,

I am so encouraged everytime I read the "sermonettes" offered on these blogs. Annie and Fam ...Praise God for Danny's report!! Mia, I miss your smile. Bill and Jim, our prayers and thoughts are with you. We miss the sweet fellowship we had when you were here. What a bittersweet and precious time. Bonnie-Mom -- You're a treasure!

Scott, weeping lasts for a night, but joy comes in the morning. I'm sure this will be your song for a long time. I couldn't help but be reminded today that you are like the wise man who built his house upon the rock. When the storms came, you stood firm because you built your house on the deep and abiding foundation of the One who created the world in 6 days. He is the one who strengthens us with ALL might according to His glorious power!!

There is no other hope than fixing our eyes on Jesus, planting our feet in the Word, and finding an exhilerating strength in His promises.

Your grief and sorrow are unique to you, but we all hold you up daily in love and prayer before God that He will continue to sustain you and give you a firm resolve to honor Him and your sweet Jody.

Many hugs from,
The Sniders

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty,
You need to start teaching "how to be an amazing man" classes. I will sent all the boys I know to it:) I'm praying for you and I'm excited for the opportunity watch you worship God more and more in this next chapter of your life! Bud and I (and Nathan :))love you!!
Love,
Sooz

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scottland,
When I was in Matt. it always touched my heart when Jesus would slip away to pray in a garden or on a mountain alone to talk to His Father. Prayer is so powerful and it still remains a joy for all of us to uphold you in prayer.
AND TAKE THE HELMET OF SALVATION, AND THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD; PRAYING ALWAYS WITH ALL PERSEVERANCE AND SUPPLICATION FOR ALL THE SAINTS-
We love you Scottland!! In Christ alone, John and Helen

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger rick said...

So glad you got this blog up and running.

I will check back frequently.

Rick

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott, We love you; we pray for you and we see the Lord revealed through your words. I agree with Sooz, you need to find a group of men who can profit from all that the Lord has been teaching you. You have been a pure vessel to receive His words and to be able to transmit them so succintly. We extend our arms of love and concern. Your friends, Ron and Dana

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Frankfurt,
You and your wife have been such a good example to me ever since I was a little girl at Grace. I've never forgotten how much I looked up to your wife (I even had a dress I named the Mrs. Frankfurt dress and it was my favorite because I thought it was something she would've worn!) as a godly woman. It was good, good, to see you at the memorial service, still praising God as much, if not more, as ever. I'm praying for you-come visit us soon!

~Veralynn

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God loves you so much. When we're drowning, its Jesus who is throwing us a line. Your love and devotion to God and Jody is humbling. I pray for you guys every day. My family didn't make it to the service so we're really happy to see the pictures and also know you're keep us all connected with the blog. I just found it, and I'm so happy you are here. All our love, The Cary family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home