Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

To All Eternity The Same

Hebrews 2:14 "Since then the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same..."

Hebrews 4:15 "Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest..."

Hebrews 2:17 "For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses..."

I am grateful for those truths, because I have never known or conceived of the type loneliness I am experiencing. Even though I am around people all the time - it is searing. This house is cold and silent - no matter how much heat and noise I pump into it. My Lord knows exactly what I'm feeling.

So how is it that I can continue to function at all? How is it that I can go back to face church, work, ministry, friends, and relatives? Simply - my Lord lives. He became flesh and suffered ultimate loss in order to redeem mankind and glorify the Father. He has conquered death and has imputed His righteousness to me. I am clinging to the promise of an eternity with Him. He has never failed! His grace has been sufficient at every point of my life. I worship Him, the worthy Lamb of God.

Thank you for reading - and praying for me. It's a comfort to know that God is being worshipped through prayer while I grieve. Jesus Christ is my joy and strength. He is all I truly have, and all I truly need. May His peace be yours.

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scotty!
We have continued to pray for you and hope that you are able to feel God's grace. I don't ever really have anything to offer through my posts, but I just hope that you know that you are constantly on our hearts. We love you!!!
Sooz, Nathan, the Budlo, the homelessnessers:), the Bunkster, the Bits, and the TMC:)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jensen Family said...

Thank you for sharing as you live out Romans 8:28. I am agressively praying that Our Great God will reveal a glimpse of what His sovereign plan is for you. Not just for tomorrow but...daily. Especially when it is colder and quieter in your space.
O.K. I read Mia's post several times as I often do. Her words are always a blessing and most profitable for me. But this time I was left faint of breath and praying over every paragraph. NOT willing to post my feeble words and heart. Then, I read the author,laughed and mustered up enough courage to post. That was kinda funny huh?
Scott,thank you for ministering to me and my family.
bean

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

XOXOXOXO

to all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home