Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

In The Garden


Hello Dear Friends,

Jody has been with Jesus for a little more than two months. Can you imagine it?

When I visit the grave - where her body awaits it's resurrection at the second coming of our Lord - I find that I really enjoy picking the flowers from our garden, just as she would. I am not talented in this area, but it is so good to grab her little basket, the clippers, a glove - and make the rounds about the house clipping the best of the blooms. (She would do this almost every week.) Then, with tears, I arrange them all in a vase, making a futile attempt to create something any where near as nice as the way she might do it.

Preparing this way makes my time at her grave more meaningful. I feel a simple connection to her, and her special way of doing things. How I miss you my, darling!

Please pray for me as I share a brief testimony with an "Adult Fellowship Group" (Sunday School) on the 10th of December. I simply want to say what God would have me say, particularly to the husbands. Thank you in advance for your sweet concern for me. It gives me so much strength to know others are faithful to pray.

Phil. 3:8-10 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

1Th. 4:13-18 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

7 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Scott,

Today's entry on this site moves me to tears. But then, they all do. All of us who know you, and love you, wish we had the power to grant you the comfort you're missing right now. But of course we can't. Only the Infinite One, in whose presence Jody now revels, is sufficient for that. The rest of us can only pray. But that, too, is sufficient! Praise Jesus!

Brother Bill

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger kari mia way said...

Scott,

We remember you often in prayer, dear brother. I/we will especially lift you before the throne tomorrow.

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:14-19

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I just wanted to say that I am so encouraged by your posts. i check your blog every day. I appreciate your honesty and your transparency. i can see that the Lord is working in your life more than He ever has and it makes me so excited for heaven and so jealous of you on this earth!!! I love you and am still constantly praying for you and thinking about you. Thank you for shining the light of Christ so brightly in this very dark time.

DZ

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger rick said...

Hey Scott:

Thanks for continuing to post. I cannot relate to what you are going through, but I can certainly see the hand of God at work. Praise be to God alone.

For His Glory,

Rick

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Pat Howell said...

Never were a gardens colors arranged with more loving affection.

Never was an ascetic effort more carefully made.

Love is more than a memory when its on display.

You are looking very well dear brother, and it was great to see you, be it all too brief.

We love you.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

As you are discovering, the garden has many ways to soothe us. I call it 'dirt therapy'. And flowers are one of the greatest and most mysterious gifts.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Blessings to all of you. I am helped by your words. Treasures, all.

XOXOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home