Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Seeing and Savoring


Hello Dear Friends,

I am so grateful for all of you who pray for me. Christmas was a time for me to reflect on Christ and the realities of the incarnation. By far, it was the most challenging period of time for me since Jody went home. Tremendous sorrow, pain, loneliness and emptiness are mine - yet I've never been more blessed. I say that because God meets me in these days as never before and lifts me up - and I can only worship in response. He has allowed me to experience a teeny tiny taste of Christ's suffering - but has comforted me with His mercy and overwhelming compassion. Much of this compassion manifests itself in the love and care I receive from friends and family, and you who read, write, pray and help. Thank you! I am also treasuring every thought and memory of my beloved and there is much comfort there too. I miss everything about my sweet Jodgees.

I did a little traveling, enjoyed the company of dear family and friends, even had a snow day that left me speechless with it's marvelous beauty.

One of the blessings I enjoyed last week was reading John Piper's "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ". It helps you do just that. It looks at the Savior as if examining the facets of a diamond. The written prayers alone (13 of them) sent my soul soaring. I highly recommend it.

My love to you all. Treasure those you love!

Psa. 50:23 "He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."

3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and want to tell you what a huge blessing you have been to my family. My heart is heavy today yet I am humbled by your example of what God can do with a broken heart. I love you so much
Sooz and the Zimmers

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Dear Friend!

I hope it is well with your soul today.

I have thought about you often this Christmas season and gratefully rejoice in the manifestation of God's sustaining grace through your family, friends, His Creation, and through His servants--ala John Piper and others. PTL

Midnight is only hours away and my prayer is that your new year will be filled with peace, hope, and fruitful endeavor.

Biblically, hope is the "confident expecation of good." And as the days pass as they inevitably do, your posts reflect that hope. The hope of the certainty of Jody's present joy, the hope of God's sustaining grace being directed toward you, the hope of God doing that which only He can do.

Scripture gives us the promise of hope--in this life as well as the one to come. This life is a gift to us. And for all of us, this life is filled with blessing and with trial. There are seasons--sometimes, because of things that we have no control over, and most often in spite of them--that embracing this gift is frought with challenge. As you embrace the life that God is giving to you today, you are embracing the hope and the future that is yours day by day in the plan and providence of God.

And wouldn't Jody desire that you to do no less? I believe that she would be so proud of you, Scott. She would be your loudest fan, enthusiastically cheering you on as you embrace your future as God unveils it to you day by day. She would embrace the journey as much as she would the destination.

There is much that lies ahead for you, Scott. May your 2007 be filled with the unveiling of that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God!

Love you brother,

pjh

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Thank you so much Pat. These words touched me deeply.

And thank you Annie, Moe and Sooz. I am so blessed by you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home