Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sorting It Out



I am fellowshipping sweetly with my unbelievable bride today. Recently I prepped the guest closet to accommodate the things I have to keep for now. I assembled these wardrobe racks which I need to help the sorting process in the living room - and then set about transferring Jody's closet (batch by batch). I have been going through every single garment one by one - remembering as much as I can about it - touching it, emptying the pockets, breathing it in, holding it, buttoning it up and then sorting it to the appropriate rack. As I do that part, I follow a dear friends advice - I picture in my mind actually handing the dress (or whatever) to Jesus to give to Jody for me. It probably sounds crazy but it gives me a lot of comfort. And then I say goodbye to those garments in my heart - releasing them to Him.

The ones that I can't say goodbye too yet go into the guest closet for another time. Wedding dress; the hot little red number I gave her from Harrods when in London; a couple things we bought in Italy made in those towns; three dresses I just can't see anyone else in; her Jean Dress from Kiev, and a couple others that mean a lot to me personally - that sort of stuff. I've wept for hours - but I take breaks and overall feel an amazing strength from the Lord.

What can I say. It hurts. I hate death and I hate the enemy and I hate sin yet am riddled with it. Life, especially marriage - is not for sissies.

But I love my Lord for the sweetness of these memories. I thank Him for the healing I sense taking place - just to get me to this point where I could face this task. I thank Him for the closeness I have with Jody's sisters and family.

I still have to deal with the dresser - but today I glorify God for letting me accomplish so much so soon. Thank you for reading and for your prayers!

6 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sweet uncle scotty,
Praise God for the strength He gave to you to carry out this incredibly difficult task. Thank you so much for the raw honesty that you share in your posts. I love you and I look forward to catching up with you. Continue to press on! Keep looking toward the prize.
With deep love and thankfulness for you,
Sooz and the Zims

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

I love you Sooz!!! Zims!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

Scott, I truly weep with you. My own dear friend having been diagnosed with cancer, and not having hopeful odds for longevity of an earthly life, I've been thinking a lot about greif, so that it will not come all at once. I hate death, and I hate that she is sick, but that hatred of those evils is overcome with good, with giving thanks to God for His great mercy and kindness in letting me know her for as long as I have, and for the sweet memories we share.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

I so appreciate what you have said, your tears, and your friendship Jen. I pray often for you; and am now adding your close friend to my prayers.

Christ's *goodness* indeed thwarts all evils.

Thank you.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Veralynn said...

Dear Mr. Scotty,

My family is in the middle of moving, and recently I was packing up the family treasures from the cedar chest, and I found it- my Mrs. Frankfurt dress. I held it for a while, and stopped to pray for you. I just want you to know that you're in my thoughts and your name comes up every day in my prayers.

Veralynn

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Veralynn,

I have wept over your post. Thank you for your sweetness and I miss you and your family. I remember so well the good 'ol days at CVBS. Promise me you will stay close to Him! :-)

I love you,

S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home