Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

On This Day


Nineteen years ago, Jody and I married before a humble assembly in a park. The reality of God, and our love was so new to us. We chose this day because of the Summer Solstice - the longest day of the year, and because 6/21 would always remind us of Rev. 21:6.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

This anniversary will be celebrated on earth, in my heart. My position today is that departed saints are indeed aware of events on the earth (like the martyrs in Rev). Is that to say that they see us - or that they are aware of details like anniversaries? Don't know. Good men disagree about this.

I do know that I wish I could spend all of the time and effort I spend trying to "rebuild" my shattered life and focus all that attention on my Judith(e) Joanne! How I miss her. Words are inadequate.

If you pray for me, you need to know that lots of areas of my life are changing, even dying. I have decided after much prayer to take a break from "Coram Deo" so that I can focus on the unfinished recordings I've committed to finish in 2007. Laying that ministry down, after all of these years, has been a hard, sad, but necessary thing. I've been invited to speak at Judy's (my mom-in-law) memorial. What an honor. Please pray for this time. I have the looming tasks of finishing those most difficult and emotionally draining taxes; going through Jody's things that have yet to be sorted; and a busy summer as far as work is concerned. There are other sadness's and loss in my life that are not appropriate for me to share here - but they are profound and really hurt. God is not finished melting me down, apparently. Thank you for every prayer!

Here is the most important paragraph in my life right now (Tozer):
"God knows instantly and effortlessly all matter and all matters, all mind and every mind, all spirit and all spirits, all being and every being, all creature hood and all creatures, every plurality and all pluralities, all law and every law, all relations, all causes, all thoughts, all mysteries, all enigmas, all feeling, all desires, every unuttered secret, all thrones and dominions, all personalities, all things visible and invisible in heaven and in earth, motion, space, time, life, death, good, evil, heaven, and hell."

I am clinging unto that God, who is Jesus Christ, a Savior. My Savior.

Jody will get 19 roses today; 18 red for the anniversaries on earth, and one white for the one in heaven. I will spend the rest of the day at the wedding of a very special friend.

What a great day to be married.

12 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger rick said...

Hey Scott,

I'll be praying for you...

rick

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Mia Moreing Russell said...

We love you Uncle Scotty!
You are always in our prayers!
The Russell's

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friend! I continue to pray for you and I look forward to catching up with you soon.
Happy Anniversary! I can't wait for the day that I will be able to model my marriage after the sweet example that you and Aunt Jody set for me.
May the Lord bless you and keep you in His grace!
I love you Uncle Scotty!
Sooz and the Zims

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Love you Sooz! Wow. That's so humbling. XO

Love you MiaMeea! XO

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott,
Thanks for your special post ~ we were praying for you last Thursday ... and will continue to do so!
Love always,
Scott and Ruth

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Thank you Ruthy! Scott!

(And thank you for the precious card! XOXO)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Scott,
I was down in Mexico driving the teens from the orphanage out for tacos and they all wanted to hear "Jody!" (Saints in the Light)..which I cranked up loud on the stereo in Big Red. All the girls were singing the words along with Jody! They can't understand English, but they LOVE SCS cd's. I turned to one of the other passengers and as I pointed to the radio I said, "That's my family!".
The Mexican teens in the car said, "No Ken! Es NUESTROS Familia!"(it's our family)
Scott, they have claimed you as Uncle Scott and Jody as Tia Jody!
14 year-old Patty is having her Quiensienera party in October and she told me that she plans to "listen to Tia Jody's music all that day as she gets ready for her party.
They are asking me what the words are about...and I'm more than happy to explain the good news.
I love you brother Scott.
Captain Ken

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Scott...

Not a day passes that we don't think of you and pray for you, and remember sweet Jody as she sings the praises of our great God along with all the angels in heaven. Our hearts are heavy as anniversaries pass without the ones we love, but we take refuge in our Savior and our Shepherd, and pray that His strength would sustain and comfort you. Our love and prayers are with you, dear brother.
Larry & Lauren

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Suzi said...

Scott,

Galations 6:2 says, "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."

I know we can not bear this burden the way you bear this, but everytime I come here and read your update I am burdened to bear you up in unceasing prayer. Father, please grant Scott the grace and strength he needs to move forward. May he feel Your peace and love surround and carry him through these moments.

There is a song called Beauty From Pain by Superchick. A verse says I wonder why God let me walk through this place, And though I can't understand why this happened, I know that when I look back someday, And see how You've brought me through the ashes, And made me as gold purified through these flames, Here I am at the end of me, Trying to hold onto what I can't see, I forgot how to hope, This night's been so long, I cling to Your promise there will be a dawn, And there will be beauty from pain.
He will bring beauty from this pain Scott, endure dear brother!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

Scott, I'm so glad that youv'e started this new blog. My friend recently printed out for me the lyrics to a great song by . . . someone . . . a theologian and preacher from the 17th century. "God of my life, to Thee I call; afflicted at Thy feet I fall." This is as much as I can say in prayer at times. My own physical suffering has paled and completely gone to the back burner since finding out a good high school friend has a rare and aggressive form of cancer. How my heart greives for her family, her husband who loves her so much, and her twin sister.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

How do your friends best comfort you?

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

All of your posts overwhelm me!

Jen, what a sweet question. It is so hard to say. The unexpected is such a blessing - like the posts here on this thread. I usually imagine everyone has gone on with their lives and yet all of you sweet people pray for me and encourage me so much - it is always amazing to me. A note here, a call there - it just blows me away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home