Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

State of the Heart


Psa. 27:14 Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

Psa. 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope.

Psa. 147:11 The LORD favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness.

Is. 40:31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Mic. 7:7 But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.


I'm trying to stay in God's appointed place, and move at God's appointed pace; as per a solid recommendation by John Piper. It's been six months since my bride went to Heaven. I miss everything about her and weep more each day.

What I didn't see coming was the small matter of preparing my taxes. I've had to relive every day last year one receipt at a time. It has been the single hardest thing I've had to face.

So that's why I'm banking on my training and preaching to myself. I covet your prayers. Thank you for your love.

6 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you so much Uncle Scotty, I pray for you every day. I am praying for those moments of relief for you. I Praise God for your strength and your godly example.
Love,
Sooz

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

I *love* you Sooz.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banking on my training, is I hope, a reference to your spiritual disciplines--for I could hardly bear the knowledge of an accountant lurking in your soul!

It was GREAT to participate in worship and observe your leadership in Mainstream at Shep Conf. Undoubtedly, you were in a state of worship as you led us. But, I also so appreciate your leadership and pursuit of excellence as you lead the band, especially in these early days. Persevere in these things... The sound was great--and the Hammond is a KEEPER. I love that Leslie. I am looking forward to hearing much more from you all.

Scott, you are so blessed. I ache for you, knowing only in a meaure how much you miss your true soulmate but as you relive the recent past, aim your mind toward a concommitant gratitude and joy in every second, day, and year that God granted you together. You are blessed among men my friend--and have very cool in-laws on top of that.

We love you so much, dear brother.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Mia Moreing Russell said...

My dear, sweet bother,
We will pray, and pray continually....I am grateful for the wisdom of these Godly men, Piper, Spurgeon, MacAurthor. Staying face down in His word...keeping His truth, in your heart and mind....propping up on His promises!
If you lived next door I would bake you a pie and we would come over to pray WITH you!!! :o)

Jody even looked beautiful in a silly wig!
We love you...and miss you, and cover you in prayer.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Thank you so much Pat.

I *love* you so MiaMia.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Scottland,

Today I was listening to Rm. 8:28 by Mac and we hear that verse often and I have been known to not contemplate the depth of its riches. Scotty, each time I hear a sermon by Mac or my hubby I (like many others) are thinking about you. Knowing that it is only Gods precious word that sustains our soul! Johnny is still updating our church about you and Uncle Bill. I love you so much and continue to find much joy in praying for you!
In Christ alone, Helen Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home