Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Friday, February 02, 2007

First Post of 2007


Hi Friends,

I hope this finds you well. January '07 being past tense, I thought it was to time post. The truth is, I have always maintained that if I didn't have anything beneficial to write, I wouldn't post at all. January has been blessed - but it has been a very, very difficult period.

The contrasts are acute. There are three of me inside my head. Me #1 is only able to look back. This one struggles with anything now or future. He is the one who digs through photos, always reminiscing, trying to stay connected to the past with my dearest. This one can't throw out Jody's old empty shampoo bottle.

Me #3 is future man. This one is trying to move on - preparing for the future - and focuses on finishing things, sorting things, reallocating and fixing things. Pragmatically and systematically trying to move on.

Me #2 is the one you see. Paralyzed. A deer in the headlights - living in the moment one moment at a time - with little ability to cope with waking up, going to sleep, being alone etc. All I can say is that - inside - I have never been more tender or broken. I miss my lover so very very much.

The Lord is showing me so much about His compassion. It is constant - blessing my heart via the Word - and my dear friends & family. I am so grateful.

Music has been a very healing factor in my life. I have written three new songs in January, and have been doing lots of recording. Almost every night something is happening musically. This has been such an important part of my healing and recovery - God is totally near and is blessing - especially as I sink deeper into reality about how life is to be without my precious wife.

Jody's grave marker has been laid. It is beautiful. As I've posted before, her body awaits it's resurrection at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills; Courts of Remembrance; #2409 if you wish to visit.

I have been blessed to be working with amazing people in a new worship ministry - "Coram Deo Worship". Our first service of worship in the church will be the 11th of this month in our fellowship group "Mainstream". It's a huge step - but it will be made surrounded by loving friends. Please pray for this time! I desire only that Christ be exalted!

Thank you for praying for me!

4 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Tonight would be good.

I love you both so very much. *Thank you!*

OXXXOXOXO

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger rick said...

Nice to "read" you again.

Glad to hear about all the music stuff. It really does have such a "healing" property about it. Praise to our wonderful God for allowing that outlet in us musicians and songwriters.

rick

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty,

Jod's grave marker is beautiful! John and I were so blessed by the beautiful words.

love you!

lis

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Scott,
How do we know the mind of God? It wouldn't have been your choice or ours to have Jody go home to heaven early. We can't even imagine the pain and lonliness you have been going thru. Our prayers and love has been with you non stop. God loves you very much, Scotty #1,#2 and #3, and He has shown that love to you these past months in many ways. It is only when we have nothing that we can really see that He is everything. Because God loves you, His presence will be with you and you will have more intimacy and knowledge of Him than you have ever known before. He has never left your side.
Psalm 55:22

Our invitation to dinner stands.
All our love to you,
Burton and Dolores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home