Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Weakness Is Just Alright


2Cor. 12:9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

This is all I want - the power of Christ to dwell in me. The best part about being crushed is that weakness is all you have left. If not for His power, I am certain I couldn't breath. Without His grace I couldn't face my mistakes. I've made some big ones. Without His love I couldn't tolerate this existence. But He is so faithful.

Thank you for your prayers regarding last Sunday's debut worship time. It had been a year away from music ministry - but the Lord blessed me personally by surrounding me with wonderful, godly thoughts and supportive friends and family. Frankly, it was a miracle for me. I experienced His nearness afresh and it put a new kind of joy in my heart. It has been so long since I've tasted some freedom from the overwhelming grief. For two thirty minute sets on Sunday, the Lord let me exist in a place I've missed so very much. Unlike any other worship time, even private ones - there is something utterly special and unique about leading and participating in a corporate worship setting. I suppose this is so because it's in that time there is no more rehearsal - no more analysis - just pure execution of the will to worship - with no opportunity to evaluate. Just worship - no distractions. Just hearts emptying themselves and honoring Christ in unison.

Once again God has used music as a means of healing me. (Your were so right, Lubbs.) Thank you all for praying for me.

Thank you for that milestone, Lord. Thank you, sweet Jesus, for your love.

6 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger rick said...

Wish I could have been there.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Scott for your sincere heart. I'm bummed that I couldn't make it this time...next time. :)
I'm always blessed by your leading in worship, your encouraging words, and your sincere heart.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger kari mia way said...

Amen brother! Well spoken, as always. I LOVE corporate worship. I look forward to it every week.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doing what you do best and love most is a healing balm indeed. May you be immersed in it to God's glory and to the blessing of so many others who need your ministry, my dear brother.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

You are all so kind. These posts mean a lot to me right now. Today is one year from the first chest xray that changed everything.

It was so good to read your posts and know that I'm not as alone as it feels. God bless each of you for your christian love.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear, dear, brother and friend. I remember the rich blessing of being in your home last year during Shepherds Conference. Unknown to us all, God was preparing to enlarge the heavenly choir and receive worship from one who loved Him dearly.

I remember big, BIG, breakfasts with chicken and apple sausages--which became my favorite. Hot coffee in a nice, big, mug, and a warm and invitingly set table along with the cheeriest of greetings by a wonderful servant-maiden of the Great King.

Such memories and many more are wonderful reminders of God's grace toward me through you both. Thinking of Piper's most current theme, Jody did not waste her life, but invested it for eternity. What a blessing to be a recipient of the residuals!

I look forward to worshipping with you tomorrow in MS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home