Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mrs. Judy Moreing; Faith Made Sight!


On June 5th, my dear mom-in-law Judy, who has been infirmed for many years, has been called home to be with the Lord.

Jody, Judy and I used to giggle about how I married Jody to "get to Judy". Judy Moreing taught me to understand the meaning of James' words - "Count it all joy."

June 5th is the exact same day her husband Jim died many years ago. Now, Judy is face to face with her Savior - and has been reunited with her hubby Jim, and her daughter Jody.

I am so jealous, and long for heaven all the more.

God has allowed me to spend a few precious days with the my family - so wonderful and edifying - yet I simultaneously sense more of my own life disintegrating - but I don't mean for that to sound bad necessarily. I am aware - and even pray - that God would *use* me. Well, in a very real sense, I suspect He's not done *breaking* me first.

So, for now - I am happy to lie in a heap at the foot of the cross - and wait on Him. Every invisible beat of my heart reminds me that He desires that I persist on the earth, and that He has plans for me. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Lord, help me trust you alone, my Captain. You are the most high, most holy, most exalted One. May my beloved's reunion with her dad, be all the more sweet now that her mom has joined them! May your blessing saturate those of us who are left behind. Use us in the meantime for your kingdom purposes!

4 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger rick said...

Hi Scott,

I still check your blog. Almost daily.

I'm glad that you still operate under the very real and true belief that God is not done using you.

I take it you are still leading worship in Mainstream? My family and I have been at Calvary Bible Church in Burbank for a little over a year now and God has really blessed us there. But we still miss our other relationships from GCC.

I shall pray for you tonight, that God will continue to grant you the peace that surpasses all comprehension.

Rick

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Thank you Rick!

I am so blessed that you would be so genuine towards me. What encouragement.

Thank you for your words, and your prayers! I will check out CBC too!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend,

Martin Lloyd Jones said that all too often "we listen to ourselves rather than talk to ourselves." Meaning of course that we are reactive to our emotions and thoughts as opposed to proactively aiming our minds at that which is best. Certainly, something we all battle with in so many respects.

i hope you are continuing to grow in the latter as you aim your mind toward the future...both in time and eternity.

As Spock said to Kirk...you are my friend.

pjh

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Scott F. said...

Thank you Pat! Miss you!

Great encouragement - it is so appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home