Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Springs in Zion, God's Friday


(From a letter to a friend of mine... 3-5-07...)

I was worshipping in Ps. 87 this morning, a treasure about Jerusalem and God's pleasure in Her, and how Her enemy nations Rahab (Egypt) and Babylon will one day worship Him in Zion(!) and my eyes locked onto the last verse... (NKJV)

Ps. 87.7 Both the singers and the players on instruments say, "All my springs are in You".

I learned (from my pastor's notes) that "springs" is a metaphor for the source of joyful blessings.... especially eternal salvation, including the death and resurrection of Christ, which is rooted in Jerusalem; finally that the prophets tell of a literal fountain flowing from the temple in Jerusalem which will water the surrounding land...

(Joel 3:18 And it will come about in that day That the mountains will drip with sweet wine, And the hills will flow with milk, And all the brooks of Judah will flow with water; And a spring will go out from the house of the LORD, To water the valley... Ezek. 47:1-12... etc.)

But the Lord planted the thought in my heart that you (singer) and I (player of instruments) have a wonderful and sobering opportunity to bless the Lord this Easter weekend by responding, living, thinking, acting, and *worshipping* in such a way that reflects "our springs" in Him!


Oh Lord! Thank you for your magnificent plan - to die a wretched death - and then conquer it with triumph - that we might partake in everlasting life with You! All praise to you! The highest we can render is not enough!! Alleluia to the Lamb! Glory to the *Lion* of Judah!!

3 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger BlogieMoe said...

Amen to "God's Friday." It is a memory that cuts me to my very soul and your devotional did speak to me. Thanks Scott.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason the fountain brings to mind Leviticus 23:39 plus:

On exactly the 15th day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the crops of the land, you shall celebrate the feast of the Lord for seven days with a rest on the first day and a rest on the eighth day.
Now on the first day you shall take for yourselves the foliate of beautiful TREES, palm branches and boughs of leafy trees and willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God for seven days.

Goes on to say that you shall live in the tree booths for 7 days...
Silly that the water springs evokes trees ...
In prayer for you, dear S -
Mom

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Annie said...

My Dear Brother Scott,

The Lord is speaking to me in this passage, so I share it with you.....
Keep clinging and keep singing!

¶ From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God.
He said: “In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry.
You hurled me into the deep, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me.
I said, ‘I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.’
The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head. To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD my God.
“When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple. “Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.
But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD.” Jonah 2:1-9

I love you so much my brother. Ken and I talked to God about you today. Always praying! XOOXOXOXX,

Fannette Fozenheimer,
Eternal Sister and Friend in Christ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home