Mourning to Dancing

This blog serves as a way to share my heart after losing the one I loved, Jody Moreing Frankfurt, to lung cancer. My hope is that as I learn to mourn her loss, that I will glorify God. Thank you for reading this blog! Please feel free to comment - it is a tremendous encouragement to me.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Year in Glory!


Psa. 37:28 For the LORD loves justice, And does not forsake His godly ones; They are preserved forever.

Hello Loved Ones,

Today marks the one year anniversary of Jody Moreing Frankfurt's home-going.

In tribute to her memory, and the reality of my sweet Jody's new life in Heaven, I have completed the production of her last composition, "Above All Blessing, Above All Praise" and have made it freely available for you to enjoy and download. I pray that it will bless your heart.

This song is Jody's heavenly minded, worshipping heart - set to music that goes back to our roots. We started out as a "synth band" when we met. After several unsettled arrangements, I finally realized that Jody's "work tapes" were always recorded at the synthesizer, not the piano or guitar or accordion - which were obvious choices. It dawned on me that the best way to present this song would be to simplify - and reflect the essence of her work tapes - even our roots as a synth duo - just like when we met. It was as if she smiled from heaven and said - "Exactly! That's how I'd like to hear it, Wooly!"

I hope you like it, honey. I tried to put everything in there that you like!

Click here to get the download of "Above All Blessing and Praise".

(A special thanks to my friend Mervyn Warren for his wonderfully appropriate and amazing background vocal arrangement, and Christian Ebner for the Lead vocal. This song will also be released on a future compilation of Jody's other unreleased songs. I refer to this project as "Completing the Canon" and I hope to finish it early in 2008. It's important to me to make sure all of her songs are released.)

I've also set up a tribute page with rare photos of this incredible woman. Click here to go to the new Tribute photo page!

Here's a sampling...





In studio recording "street Called Straight".


















Rare "Den" Overdub.


















Two Christmas photos - one at the Mull's and the other at Annie's, with Judy playing the tambourine while Jody and Mr. Buttons lay down the groove!























This is totally rare! Her Dad, Jim Moreing must be smiling at this one from Heaven.





Is. 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted, He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God;To comfort all who mourn, To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

Thank you for your posts, prayers, calls and cards! It means so much to me! I will post my personal reflections about this last year in an upcoming post. God is so merciful to me. I will praise Him alone! Thank you Lord Jesus, for the hope of Heaven with you!

9 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scottland,

We grieve with you, we rejoice with you, but most of all, we worship our precious heavenly Father with you, knowing that He is always in perfect control of all things.

May this day be filled with memories of God's immeasurable grace, peace and lovingkindness as you remember the past and look forward with great anticipation to what God has for the future.

We love you, and can't wait to hear our church family singing Jody's final anthem of worship to our Lord.

To the rest of the Fam, including Wen Wen, we love you too and pray that your day will be filled with God's tender mercies.

JAZ & HCZ

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
What a work of love and praise to our Lord! Thank you for sharing your heart and Jody's example of worshiping the Lord wholeheartedly. You both continue to be a team in drawing others to a closer walk with the Lord. Thank you for your example of loving Him and loving each other. We join you in missing Jody ~ please know that we love you and continue to pray for you with joy and hope for the Lord's future plans in your life. Jody's testimony lives on and continues to bring glory to God! Her smiles bring smiles to our faces as well. We pray that the Lord continues to be very near and dear to you.

Love,
Scott and Ruth

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Scott...

It has been a good time of reflection, to remember Jody's example, encouragement, and passionate embrace of worship in everything she did. We went by her graveside this weekend and we rejoice that she is not there, but singing her praises, face-to-face, to our great God and King!

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your journey, and please know that we continue to pray for you and the beloved Moreing family and we love you, dear brother.

Larry & Lauren

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger wenwenmull said...

Annie--I graciously thank you for sharing that amazing picture of yesterday's celebration to your beautiful sister--so many colorful petals from her garden, a parasol--that's Jody...I miss her everyday...I love you, I love Scott and all those who knew the most amazing woman, ever! wenwen

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Lance Roberts said...

Scott,

We mourn with you and we rejoice with you, and praise God for your faithfulness to Him. You and Jody have always been such an encouragement to us. Your love for Christ expressed through your lives and music have lifted the hearts of thousands toward heaven. The new song you posted is beautiful, and we thank you for making it available for all to hear. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love,
Lance & Sandy

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott,

Typing this out with not much hope it will post ...but trying again anyway.
I loved dear Jody as a daughter, and miss her so much, even though a year has gone by on the calendar.
I am SO GRATEFUL for her exceptional body of work; I can almost see her singing most of the songs, and see you arranging, and see the great rehearsals we all enjoyed so much.

Ps 30
I will extol You, O Lord, for you have lifted me up,
And have not let my foes rejoice over me.
O Lord, my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me.
O Lord, you brought my soul up from the grave;
You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name ...
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.

I "know" I speak for so many in missing her, and thank you, son, for honoring her in the many ways you have....
Love,
Bonnie-Mom

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

We are thinking and praying for you. We cry with you, when your words express your pain, when you were "alone" in the doctor's office JESUS WAS THERE. When you were sorting out Jody's clothes JESUS WAS THERE. When you are not sure how to arrange her songs, JESUS WAS THERE. We pray for you, we sing with you, we laugh with you, we mourn with you, we smile with you, BUT we are not there with you ONLY JESUS IS THERE!

There was a time recently that we were singing and I "heard " Jody singing that song, (I can't remember which one) but I know I heard her that night in Church! not mystical, just a sweet memory of her.

As we read your tribute to Jody's mom Judy when you asked to speak on your sweet wife's behalf and you expressed what Jody would say it reminded me how Jody at the recording of "Hope in the Lord!" she exclaimed "Are you READY?!" and we responded "Yes" and she exclaimed again "Are YOU READY?!" and we responded we're ready. Then she said "I'm ready!" .. "Maybe Tonight! In Him there's fullness of joy and pleasures FOREVER!" And Scott how courageous you truly are to share your heart this way with us. What a man after God's own heart you are brother.

In Christ's tender love,

Rick & Lisa

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty,

that was beautiful (the song). just like your love for her and just like Jody herself. The song is so much like Jody, always making us leave our thoughts on worshiping Him.

You have been in our prayers and thoughts and welcome the thought of how the Lord has purified, molded and grown you this past year.

He is gracious.

Love to you!
Judy & Richard

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Liesy said...

Dear Scott,

Praise our great God for one year in glory for Jody!
I recently attended the Women's conference at Grace "Above All Blessing" and it was life-changing. I LOVED the music that Logan, Pam, and B sang. Will there be a recording of the music? I love Jody's song "Above All Blessing and Praise" with Christian Ebner. It was also absolutely beautiful with the ladies singing it so I was just wondering....

We are praying for you.

For His Glory and Praise,
Liesy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home